Hearing and ear care solutions in Calgary, Lethbridge, Grande Prairie, High River and throughout Alberta
Soundwave Hearing Care offers a wide range of products to help with your hearing. We also offer an extensive selection of ear protection devices. Our dedicated team of audiologists and hearing aid practitioners can help you find custom solutions to suit your lifestyle. From hearing aids and assistive listening devices to custom earplugs and molds, we’ll help you find the products that work best for you. Give us a call today to schedule a hearing test or book a consultation with an audiologist or hearing aid practitioner.
Products to help you hear better
Hearing aids come in a range of styles and sizes, with technology and features to suit your age, lifestyle and type of hearing loss. At Soundwave Hearing Care, we specialize in six types of devices that can be customized to fit your ears:
- Behind-the-ear (BTE)
- Completely-in-canal (CIC)
- Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
- In-the-canal (ITC)
- In-the-ear (ITE)
- Receiver-in-canal (RIC)
Rechargeable hearing aids are also a great option. They come in various styles, provide superior sound quality and are equipped with several smart features for an individualized sound experience. In addition, their long battery life means you don’t have to worry about your hearing aids suddenly running out of power. At Soundwave Hearing Care, we carry several top brands, including ReSound, Starkey and Phonak.
We also carry various assistive listening devices, including wireless media streaming and digitally modulated (DM) systems.
Are your hearing aids emitting an unusual sound, or are the batteries in them draining faster than usual? If so, our team of audiologists and hearing aid practitioners can help. We’re proud to offer prompt and personal hearing aid repair services at our four clinics in Alberta.
How to choose the right hearing aids
Constantly straining to hear is mentally and physically exhausting. Here’s an overview of some hearing aid options that could work for you depending on your needs.
- If you have limited dexterity, ITE hearing aids or BTE hearing aids with earmolds are most suitable. Look for models with automated features, such as directional microphones, which automatically adjust to any environment in real-time, so you don’t have to fiddle with volume controls. In addition, you may want to consider switching to rechargeable hearing aids since they eliminate the need to change small disposable batteries.
- If you have mild to moderate hearing loss, your best options are CIC, ITC or open-fit RIC hearing aids with advanced technological features. They’re small, aesthetically pleasing, and many models connect directly to your smartphone, so you can use them for hands-free calls, listening to TV, music, e-books, podcasts and more.
- If you have severe hearing loss, opt for low-profile ITE hearing aids or BTE hearing aids with earmolds. Look for models with advanced features that help amplify high-pitched sounds and make it easier to understand speech. You may also benefit from utilizing assistive listening devices (ALDs), such as remote microphone technologies like digitally-modulated (DM) systems. DM systems use digitally transmitted signals to deliver a speech to your ears to help you hear better in noisy situations, such as theatres, schools, places of worship, museums and more.
- If you’re home-bound or restricted, opt for basic BTE hearing aids with earmolds. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to have someone come and change the tubes on your hearing aids every year. You could also benefit from using ALDs such as a remote microphone or sound processor to help you hear better over long distances. For example, some of the ALDs we carry wirelessly stream audio from your TV, stereo or computer directly to your hearing aids to improve clarity.
If you need help deciding which hearing aids are right for you, the team at Soundwave Hearing can help.
Products to protect your ears
At Soundwave Hearing Care, we design custom lifestyle molds to ensure your ears and hearing are protected at all times. Choose from our range of products depending on your needs and lifestyle.
- Ear defenders (to block out ambient noise, protect your ears from noise damage help you concentrate in loud settings)
- Musician earplugs (to decrease sound volume without distorting music or speech)
- Swim plugs (to keep water out of your ears when you swim or bathe)
- Sleep molds (to block out noise and help you sleep soundly)
- Communication molds (to ensure a secure fit and crystal-clear transmissions)
- Medical stethoscope molds (to be used in conjunction with hearing aids)
- Pilot molds (to provide comfort and convenience when using aviation headsets)
- Anesthesiologist molds (to prevent earache caused by prolonged stethoscope use)
For more information about the benefits of custom earplugs, or to find a style that’s right for you, speak with a member of our hearing care team.
Hearing aids and custom lifestyle molds in Alberta
The friendly staff at Soundwave Hearing Care is committed to helping you protect your ears and rediscover the world of sound with our selection of hearing care products. We also offer a range of audiology services, including hearing tests for children, adults and seniors. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our hearing clinics in Calgary, Grande Prairie, High River or Lethbridge.