Proper Hygiene Etiquette – Coronavirus (Covid-19)
At this time, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with the virus as “low for Canada”.
To ensure the safety and health of our clients, many of whom are vulnerable to illness, we ask that you reschedule your appointment if you are feeling unwell.
UPON ARRIVAL TO SOUNDWAVE HEARING CARE, PLEASE ENSURE YOU PRACTICE PROPER RESPIRATORY HYGIENE ETIQUETTE:
- If you have recently travelled from China or Iran, please follow the 14-day self-quarantine advisories listed by the Canada Border Services Agency.
- Proper hand-washing for at least 20 seconds using soap and water
- Use of hand sanitizers if hands are not visibly soiled
- Do not touch your face, mouth or nose with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough with a disposable tissue, or the crease of your elbow.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick
- If you develop a fever, sore throat, cough or difficulty breathing, please seek medical attention promptly.
- For more information, please visit the information page from the Alberta Government: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx#p22780s6
- Those who develop symptoms during the 14-day monitoring period should immediately self-isolate (stay in a room that is not shared with anyone else) and call their healthcare provider or the provincial health line at 8-1-1 to discuss any need for testing and follow up.
At Soundwave Hearing Care, we disinfect all surfaces and contact points daily. Any equipment and surfaces that do come in touch with clients are immediately disinfected after appointments.