Custom Molded Earbuds in Calgary and throughout Alberta
Many people use ear plugs to drown out the sounds around them. This simple type of noise-cancelling device can help you concentrate on your work in a noisy environment or get some much needed sleep next to a snoring partner. While disposable ear plugs are easy to find at the pharmacy, custom molded ear plugs are the best way to protect your ears and silence the world around you.
What are custom molded ear plugs?
Custom molded ear plugs are crafted to fit inside your unique ear canals, making them more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. In order to make them, your audiologist will take an impression of your ear Subsequently, the custom ear plugs that are created will fill every nook and cranny of your ear canal.
How are custom molded ear plugs different than regular ones?
There are different types of ear plugs available, including the following:
- Standard ear plugs. Usually made of silicone, foam or latex, these can be tube- or cone-shaped or have flanges of different sizes. Since they come in standard sizes, they may not fit the ear canal properly. Most people find it uncomfortable to wear this type of ear plug for long periods of time.
- Moldable ear plugs. Made of wax or soft silicone putty, these can be shaped to fit the exact contours of your ear. However, because they’re made of a soft material, they can’t be properly sanitized. This means they must be replaced often, making them a more expensive option.
- Custom molded ear plugs. These are the best ear plugs available. Made to conform to your ear’s exact shape and size, they provide the best fit available. Additionally, they’re made of medical-grade materials, so they’re hypoallergenic and won’t break down with use. Finally, because they can be cleaned and sanitized after every use, you only need one pair for life. This means that while they’re the most expensive option up front, they end up being the most cost-effective choice in the long run.
Who can benefit from custom molded ear plugs?
Custom fit ear plugs are a great option for anyone who wants to protect their hearing from loud sounds. This includes:
- Light sleepers or those with partners who snore
- Hunters and target shooters
- Construction workers
Visit Soundwave Hearing Care to learn more
If you’re interested in having your own pair of custom molded ear plugs designed, Soundwave Hearing Care can help. To schedule a consultation with an audiologist, call us at our Calgary, High River, Lethbridge or Grande Prairie clinic today.